Automated Test Analyst / Software Development Engineer in Test Applications
Would you like to work for an award-winning, world leading innovator in computer graphics, video capture and digital display technology?
Datapath was founded in 1982 and are now distributing across 5 continents. We have end customers in more than 100 countries worldwide and in diverse markets including Medical, Signage, Security and Retail. Datapath consistently delivers class leading products and effective customer support, providing unbeatable service for specialised requirements. We are a successful and expanding company, with offices in the UK, US, Japan and customers in every major global market.
Continuing this success, we are pleased to offer a great opportunity for a talented, motivated and outgoing individual to help maintain our growth.
The Automated Software Tester/Software Development Engineer in Test will be a key member of the Software Development team, to ensure that our products meet the standards expected by our worldwide customer base. You will create Automated Tests to support the ongoing development of our products, working alongside developers to influence the design of testable code.
Role Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Analysing requirements and designing test cases for new features, and then automating them in C# and Selenium, whilst the feature is in development.
- Create and Maintain a full and robust automation suite to prevent regression.
- Provide estimates for tests cases and support BAU processes.
- Peer review of test cases and automation code.
- Reviewing test results and modifying the test suite as necessary
- Execute exploratory testing where scripted testing is inappropriate
Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years demonstrable experience of software testing
- Experience with Automated test tools (e.g. Selenium)
- A good working knowledge and application of C#
- Experience with Behaviour Driven Development and tools (e.g. Gherkin, Specflow)
- A good understanding of the software development lifecycle and agile methodologies.
- ISTQB/ISEB Foundation certificate in Software Testing
- Familiarity with software version control systems e.g., TFS, Git (Experience using DevOps Azure would be beneficial.)
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task.
- 24 days holiday (plus 8 additional bank holidays)
- Cycle2Work scheme
- 3% employer pension contribution
- A non-contractual, discretionary profit share bonus scheme
- Flexitime policy between 7am-7pm
- Employees are eligible for life assurance/death in service which provides a cover of three times gross salary after successful completion of probationary period.
In order to apply for this vacancy, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require further information regarding the role, please feel free to contact us on 01332 294441.
Datapath is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.