Build and Release Manager
Would you like to work for an award-winning, world leading innovator in computer graphics, video capture and digital display technology?
Datapath was founded in 1982 and are now distributing across 5 continents. We have end customers in more than 100 countries worldwide and in diverse markets including Medical, Signage, Security and Retail. Datapath consistently delivers class leading products and effective customer support, providing unbeatable service for specialised requirements. We are a successful and expanding company, with offices in the UK, US, Japan and customers in every major global market.
Continuing this success, we are pleased to offer a great opportunity for a talented, motivated and outgoing individual to help maintain our growth. The Build and Release Manager will be a key member of the Development team and will be responsible for managing the processes around the software development lifecycle, including automation where possible to enable us to quickly release and support products that meet the standards expected by our worldwide customer base.
Role Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Creating and documenting processes and systems to improve the development and release process.
- Automation of processes, where possible, to enable real-time monitoring, reduced cycle time and faster release.
- Building and releasing software to support continuous integration and deployment, including updating build scripts to support these pipelines.
- Setting up, deploying and managing releases to various test environments.
- Selecting, setting up and maintaining build servers, development tools and infrastructure.
- You will work across various different software teams and domains to support delivery of the development sprints.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Knowledge and awareness of various different languages including C, C++, C#, Typescript and Python.
- Knowledge and experience of Cake (C# Make) for scripting the build processes.
- Good working knowledge of Azure Devops, GIT, Octopus Deploy, Swagger and Ansible.
- A good understanding of Linux and Windows Operating System environments.
- Strong Problem Solving Skills.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- 24 days holiday (plus 8 additional bank holidays).
- Cycle2Work scheme.
- 4% employer pension contribution.
- A non-contractual, discretionary profit share bonus scheme.
- Flexitime policy between 7am-7pm.
- Employees are eligible for life assurance/death in service which provides a cover of three times gross salary after successful completion of probationary period.
In order to apply for this vacancy, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require further information regarding the role, please feel free to contact us on 01332 294441.
Datapath is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.