Embedded Software Tester
Would you like to work for an award-winning, world leading innovator in computer graphics, video capture and digital display technology?
Datapath was founded in 1982 and are now distributing across 5 continents. We have end customers in more than 100 countries worldwide and in diverse markets including Medical, Signage, Security and Retail. Datapath consistently delivers class leading products and effective customer support, providing unbeatable service for specialised requirements. We are a successful and expanding company, with offices in the UK, US, Japan and customers in every major global market.
Continuing this success, we are pleased to offer a great opportunity for a talented, motivated and outgoing individual to help maintain our growth. The Embedded Software Tester will be a key member of the Software Development team, to ensure that our products meet the standards expected by our worldwide customer base.
Role Requirements and Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for analysing requirements and designing tests to meet those requirements.
- Writing, maintaining and executing both manual and automated software tests that demonstrate that acceptance criteria have been met.
- You will Manage and Maintain test scripts to support a stable continuous integration test environment.
- You will work within the software team using agile methods, participating in sprint planning, sprint reviews and retrospectives.
- Self-managing to meet demands across multiple teams wherever possible.
Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years demonstrable experience of software testing, preferably in an embedded environment.
- A good understanding of the software development lifecycle and agile methodologies.
- Experience of REST API and Networking and internet protocols (such as HTTP/ TCP-IP)
- Familiarity with software version control systems e.g., TFS, Git (Experience using DevOps Azure 2019 would be beneficial.)
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- 24 days holiday (plus 8 additional bank holidays)
- Cycle2Work scheme
- 3% employer pension contribution
- A non-contractual, discretionary profit share bonus scheme
- Flexitime policy between 7am-7pm
- Employees are eligible for life assurance/death in service which provides a cover of three times gross salary after successful completion of probationary period.
Datapath is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
In order to apply for this vacancy, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you require further information regarding the role, please feel free to contact us on 01332 294441.