Datapath Ltd, the Derby-based innovator of computer graphics, video capture and video wall display technology, today announced the general availability of its dL8 Distribution Amplifier.
The dL8 is a 1U rack mount eight output distribution amplifier for high resolution Dual-Link DVI signals. It has a fully programmable EDID to graphics source, allowing simple control of resolution and frame rate. Through active equalisation and re-clocking hardware it supports source cable lengths up to 20m at full Dual-Link resolutions.
The Datapath dL8 supports up to 32 screen display walls when used in conjunction with up to 8 Datapath x4 stand alone display wall controllers. The Datapath x4 is a stand alone display wall controller, that accepts a standard single or Dual-Link DVI-D input and can flexibly display this across for DVI-I outputs. The x4 is now also available in a new rack mountversion, with a larger fan and less noise.
Datapath dL8 Distribution Amplifier Key Features and benefits:
- Supports up to 32 screen display walls when used in conjunction with up to 8 Datapath x4 stand alone display wall controllers
- Distribution and signal conditioning of arbitrary DVI source signals
- Supports any resolution or frame rate that can be supported in either Single or Dual Link DVI
- Supports any resolutions up to and beyond Quad-HD (3840 x 2160) up to pixel clocks of 330MHz
- Sophisticated EDID management
- Support for long input cables allowing convenient location
“The increased use of large display walls calls for more cost effective distribution.” Said Bjorn Krylander, CEO at Datapath and continued “we are pleased to add the dL8 to the Datapath x4 range to build on the x4’s success in creative innovative display walls. ”
Do you want to know more?