What is the Datapath Commissioning Service
Datapath sell combined hardware and software for controlling and configuring video wall controllers in a variety of different ways. Due to the flexibility of the Datapath controllers we have begun offering a commissioning service to assist integrators and suppliers new to our product line in order to achieve successful deployment of the overall video wall solution.
As part of this service the commissioning team will request a Statement of Work document to be completed prior to us engaging with the integrator. Part of this information can be completed alongside your Datapath sales representative who may have been involved in the initial specification for the system. Our aim is to understand the background details in relation to each individual project so that we can ensure the end result meets your expectations.
Datapath Commissioning ONLY relates to Datapath hardware and software, we do not take any responsibility for 3rd party cables, extenders, switchers or screens.
The Datapath commissioning team will be responsible for the installation and configuration of Datapath systems, software and drivers.
- Installation of Datapath Graphics and Capture card drivers
- Wall configuration using Datapath software
- Datapath Capture card configuration using Datapath software
- Installation of Datapath Software (Wall Control and Quant)
- Initial setup and configuration of Datapath Software (Wall Control and Quant)
The Datapath Commissioning Service also includes training with regards to the specific components installed as per the signed Statement of Work.
Training usually covers the following:
- Driver installation in the event of upgrades
- Wall configuration and maintenance in case of system change
- Installation and upgrade of Datapath software (Wall Control and Quant)
- Training in the usage of installed Datapath software specific to the environment installed in
- Troubleshooting tips and how to identify common issues
- When and how to contact Datapath in the event of system issues
- Installation and usage of the Datapath Diagnostic Suite
The Datapath Commissioning team can advise upon but are not responsible for programming any 3rd party external controllers.
How to engage with the Datapath Commissioning Team
Should you choose to engage with the Datapath Commissioning Team this should be spoken about with your sales representative at the time of purchase. This starts the process of engaging with the team and you will be asked to complete a first draft of a Statement of Work provided by Datapath, which can be completed in conjunction with your sales representative.
Once this has been completed with enough information it will be provided to the commissioning team who will then reach out to the relevant parties to arrange an initial call to ask any additional questions and ensure that we are aligned with the goal to be achieved.
An updated statement of work will be provided by Datapath to be signed off and agreed by both parties in order to ensure that the project is completed successfully. Further calls can be arranged to discuss timings and details for our time on site.
Please note that the commissioning service is a two-day offering where usually the first day is taken up with the initial configuration and the second day would be dedicated to the user training. However the exact details can be discussed during the planning stages to accommodate specific requests.
This process usually takes around 4-6 weeks and as such requires at least this much notice to book the dates for commissioning. Should any changes to the schedule be made with less than 4 weeks’ notice, the following costs will be incurred:
- Between 21 and 14 days – $500
- Between 14 and 7 days – $1000
- Less than 7 days -$1500
Please note that any change request is subject to Datapath’s availability.
For more information
Please contact your Datapath Representative for more information or complete an enquiry form.