Note: We refer you to our standard terms and conditions for the legal position regarding RMA returns. By returning a product to Datapath Ltd you accept these terms.
For customers who have purchased our Advanced Swap Out Policy please refer to this for full details. The process remains the same as below with the exception of delivery times.
1. Contact Support
If your Datapath product is not working as you expect, we recommend that you contact Datapath Support, since many issues can be resolved remotely. This route is therefore often the quickest way of solving the problems that you are experiencing.
Please email email@example.com and include the following information.
- A detailed description of the problem
- Serial number
- Any signal types or adapters in use
- Resolutions being used
- Any other relevant background information
2. Warranty Status
After investigation with the Support team, should it appear that the fault is likely to be hardware related, an RMA number will be issued to you. We will inform you of the warranty status of the product and the cost of the repair if applicable. See the paragraph below for more information. The product should then be returned, at your cost, to Datapath.
3. Return Scenarios
There are 4 possible scenarios when a product is returned to us:
- The product is in warranty. Where the product is found to be genuinely faulty, the product will be repaired or replaced (with a new or previously repaired product) and returned to you at our cost.
- The product is out of warranty and found to be faulty. If possible, the product will be repaired or replaced at a fixed cost (as stated in the RMA authorisation email) and returned to you at your own cost.
- The product is in warranty but found to be damaged by misuse. This will be treated as per point ii.
- The product is out of warranty and is obsolete. In the unlikely situation that the product can be neither repaired nor replaced because some of its components are obsolete and we have no swap-out stock left, the product will either be returned to you, or disposed of at your request with no charge.
PLEASE NOTE: Datapath will not accept responsibility for the safety, integrity or security of any programmes, data or other content held on hard drives or any other type of re-writable media which is sent to us either separately, as part of any equipment returned to us for repair or for any other purpose. Customers are advised to take back-ups of anything that they deem to be valuable or important before returning the equipment to us. Anything which is confidential should be erased from the media before it is returned.
4. RMA Number Issued
Once the RMA Number has been issued please return the product to:
Datapath Ltd, Bemrose House, Bemrose Park, Wayzgoose Drive, Derby. DE21 6XQ, United Kingdom.
Datapath North America Inc, 2550 Boulevard of the Generals, Suite 320, Norristown, PA 19403, USA.
Please ensure the items are securely packed with the RMA number clearly displayed on the outside of the box. To prevent unnecessary carriage and handling, please only send back the products or accessory items you believe to be faulty.
Where possible, please ensure that original packaging, or similar, is used to help prevent transit damage. Unfortunately, products damaged whilst in transit received by Datapath could result in the loss of warranty and chargeable repairs. It may also delay the returns process.
In the case of paragraph 3.iii, the fixed charge will be levied after we have seen the product and identified the misuse. In this case, we will request you to issue a purchase order or provide credit card details before any repairs are completed.
Our policy is to return the repair (or swap-out) to you within 10 UK business days of receipt, unless utilising the Advanced Replacement Policy.